Dedicated tax professional? Intellectually curious?
Interested in a hybrid & flexible work environment but still want to grow your career?
Come meet your new clients and colleagues at Johnson O’Connor (JO).
Johnson O’Connor is a large, local Public Accounting firm located just outside of Boston in Wakefield, MA. We are looking for top talent to join our amazing culture and work with our diversified client base. We are seeking an Tax Manager with 8-10 years of public accounting experience who is interested in participating in their own career growth to join our team.
The Experienced Tax Manager is responsible for a range of client services within our Tax Department including tax planning, research and tax return review. This person will report directly to the Partners and Principals, supervise Seniors and Staff, and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely, accurate manner. This person will have direct client interaction and will be encouraged to grow client relationships. Additionally, the Tax Department serves as an internal resource by training staff on relevant matters and handling technical tax issues.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as technical tax experience. Whereas national firms tend to be compartmentalized, our firm offers the successful candidate the ability to service all aspects of our clients’ business and personal tax needs, and see client engagements from start to finish, thus becoming a valued advisor to clients.
The job responsibilities include:
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations
- Provide innovative tax planning and review of complex income tax returns
- Manage all aspects of client’s tax requirements and overall relationship
- Ensure the Firm’s high standards of quality are met or exceeded
- Leverage staff to achieve deadlines and manage budgets
- Establish and maintain a leadership role within the Firm
- Provide training and coaching to new and existing staff as needed
The job-essential requirements are:
- 5-10 years of public accounting tax experience
- MST preferred, CPA required
- Ability to plan, supervise and complete tax engagements
- Manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Commitment to exceptional client service
- Intellectually curious
- Flexible, self-starter personality whose personal values coincide with JO’s Core values (Respect, Integrity, Teamwork & Excellence)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To be considered please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about why your future colleagues love working here, check out our “Every Voice Counts” video, below.