WE’LL HELP YOU NAVIGATE THE FINANCIAL CHALLENGES AND RISKS OF THE REAL ESTATE MARKET
The real estate industry is fast paced, volatile, and often risky. That’s why we take a proactive, people-centered approach to helping clients in the real estate industry make the best financial decisions around closing deals, tax planning, regulatory compliance, and more. At Johnson O’Connor our clients benefit from our unrivaled real estate investment and development expertise. Our experienced team understands your business and has a proven track record managing the complications of large portfolios to the intricacies of the growing investor.
You can trust us to provide the following accounting services with a unique personal touch for the real estate industry.
- Tax planning including ownership structure, waterfall calculations, and sale transactions
- Due diligence for real estate transactions
- Outsourced accounting services including bookkeeping, debt financing analysis, and assistance with deferred like-kind exchanges
- Transaction consulting including cash flow analysis and acquisition due diligence
- Advisory services for succession and estate planning
- Lease consulting for tenants and owners
- Preparation of annual tax returns
- Audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements
Johnson O’Connor hosts a monthly commercial real estate networking group to learn new ideas, concepts, and trends from industry leaders that we can share with our clients.
Johnson O’Connor provided comprehensive advice to a client who had several rental properties and real estate pass-through entities along with being the sole owner of a non-real estate related S corp which allowed the client to position himself to take advantage of the real estate professional election and use losses from his real estate investments against his non-real estate S corp income.
Johnson O’Connor has provided clients with guidance around the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in advance of several deals to better understand the effects of the new law and proposed necessary changes to deal structuring and holding periods.
Johnson O’Connor completed tax consulting for the owners of several real estate portfolios to provide proper advice around bonus depreciation, cost segregation studies, timing of major improvements, and deal structuring.