Dedicated professional? Intellectually curious? Interested in a hybrid & flexible work environment but still want to grow your career?
Come meet your new clients and colleagues at Johnson O’Connor (JO).
Johnson O’Connor is a regional Public Accounting Firm located outside of Boston in Wakefield, MA. We are seeking an Experienced Senior Accountant with 3-5 years of public accounting experience who is interested in participating in their own career growth and work with a diverse client base to join our team.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as accounting, attest and/or tax preparation experience. As with the public accounting industry in general, our firm has increasing opportunities in broad-based consulting engagements, and the successful candidate will participate in this client-service area. We also perform numerous outsourced accounting services which provides the opportunity to gain wide exposure to various accounting issues and industries. Whereas large firms tend to be compartmentalized, our firm offers the successful candidate the ability to service all aspects of our clients’ business and personal needs, and see client engagements from start to finish, thus becoming a valued advisor to clients.
Our office culture is founded on respect, integrity, teamwork and excellence. We offer a competitive salary, unlimited vacation time, and value our comfortable, fun atmosphere.
- Team player
- Highly organized
- Attentive to detail
- Strong communicative skills
- Strong with technology
- Ability to work independently
- Client service focus
The job-essential requirements are:
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience
- A BA/BS in accounting
- CPA completed or in progress is preferred
- Ability to prepare, review, and complete corporate and individual tax returns and/or financial statements
- Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
- Knowledge of CCH Axcess and CCH Engagement software is preferred
- Manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to learn new professional concepts and techniques
- Commitment to exceptional client service
- Flexible, self-starter personality whose personal values coincide with JO’s Core values (Respect, Integrity, Teamwork & Excellence)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To be considered please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about why your future colleagues love working here, check out our “Every Voice Counts” video, below.